Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Best Laid Plans

Today, I had planned a vacation day because I was invited to a function I was really excited to be apart of. Unfortunately a couple of months back, the person who had invited me and I, got into a huge fight and needless to say I wont be there today. The crazy thing is I am a big planner, so months ago I knew what I wanted to bring to the event and what I would have worn. I was sooo excited and couldn't wait because I was going to share in something that was truly awesome with someone I thought was amazing. So flash-forward to today when I was talking to my mother, who said something thought provoking as usual; she said we have to accept our circumstances not as a victim but as a victor. Understand that we are exactly where we are suppose to be in the grand scheme of things and that each action even the disappointing ones are there to help you progress. The idea is to take pride in it all, good and bad, because it makes you who you are. And I understand what she is saying but I think we can all agree that is a very tall order. I think we mostly have difficulty with it because in order to achieve that type of mindset you have to really be able to give it to God and not stand in the way. All to often we stand in our own way, trying to do what we think has to be done in order for us to breath, live, love, etc. We get so wrapped up in our plans, goals, deadlines that when things don't go according to the plan we become lost. This event was a big deal for me, maybe more than it should have been and I am finding it hard to accept that me not being there is the best thing in the long run.

So my question to the group, is what do you do when your plans don't go... well, as planned

1 comment:

  1. Firstly, I get your mom's point and agree. And I know easier said than done, trust me. But I see that you get it too, and people who get it overcome it much easier. So to answer your question: You pout a little while over this one and get back to planning anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete